Yoga Barn is an environmentally friendly studio, we believe we can do something for the planet by keeping our selves green! for that we installed a compost toilet, and heating panels in our studio (radiant heat) , natural cork flooring (Portugal), and we use green friendly cleaning products in the studio same as chemical/fragrant free soap.
So we created a little list of things you should remember when you come in to the studio:
- No plastic bottles allowed in to the studio (get a reusable bottle and fill it up every time you come to class, less trash for the world:)
- NO CHATTING INSIDE THE STUDIO YESS!!! be mindful since others may be seeking for a moment of quiet and peace until class starts!
- Do not leave the classroom before class finishes, or during class. If you do, the teacher will have to check on you WE CARE ABOUT YOU! (in case you are not feeling well, if you have to talk to the instructor so he/she is aware for your reason to leave early that will be the best!) help us to keep a peaceful “distraction free” environment.
- Restrict your self from making noise in final savasana (spraying your mat) , if you are in big of a hurry go outside the classroom get dressed (winter time) and then pick your mat or clean /spray it, lets keep this space peaceful! !
- No shoes inside the reception/studio area (leave them at the entrance in the mat:)
- Turn off/silent your phone when coming to class ( leave it in your car,bike, skates)
- To respect a shared environment, scent free (deodorant ok) no perfume, sprays in the studio area please.
- Make sure to sign up for class at the front desk registration sheet
- Online signing is amazing thanks to Facebook and our website you can sign up for class if you are planning on coming , make sure you cancel if you are not going to make it to class; (at lease 24 hrs before class) if a cancellation is received on the same day, a class will still be taken out of your pass.
- Be mindful and cancel on time, to allow somebody else to take your place. After the 3rd time you “forget” about class, you will lose the privilege of reserving online).
- Early morning classes must be cancelled, if you are not able to make it, give us a call or an e mail since you may be the only one that was coming to class (if not cancelling, an early bird class you will have to pay for a drop in) be mindful!
- To keep our studio tidy be sure you bring only what you need to class, the rest of the stuff can be left on the reception area, or our white chairs outside the studio (we can’t take care of your valuables so be sure to keep everything safe), studio will be locked before starting class so nobody can come in or go out.
- Absolute Silence! yes we know this is a small town and everyone knows each other please feel free to chat around the reception area respecting the shared space (studio area)
- Please be sure to arrive on time to class, ☞ (5-10 min) door will be locked right on time and to respect everybody else that show up on time we will not be waiting for late arrivals! 🙂 (we don’t want to see you leave with out practicing yoga be mindful plan ahead <3)
- Classes are subject to change during WINTER TIME, if signing online for one on the winter months please make sure you check with us if class will be running, since the weather conditions can change and cancellations are allowed. WE WILL PUBLISH ON OUR FB PAGE WHEN CLASS IS CANCELLED.
- We will not run class if less than 5 students since we are an environmentally friendly place, you will be notified if class is cancelled (via e mail or phone).
- During the month of December until January the 20th the studio will be open only Sunday, Monday , Tuesday, Wednesday. Unlimited costumers are able to suspend their membership until JANUARY and passes for the rest of the students will not expire.
☮ yoga barn ☮
have a great class